Education Extends Accreditations, Contracts
Story by V. Michelle Bernard
During the recent Columbia Union Conference Executive Committee meeting, Office of Education Vice President Donovan Ross shared that he has postponed school accreditation visits until next year and received approval to extend current accreditations by one year so that schools that are up for accreditation can continue operating.
Ross commended the responsiveness and flexibility of teachers in meeting the needs of students via distance learning. “Throughout all of this, there has been a concerted effort to support each other and our students,” he said, noting how some schools have deployed tutoring, teachers have been driving to students’ homes to drop off/pick up materials, some are hosting online graduations and others are even making and distributing bread to student families and hospital staff.
He also noted that despite the uncertainty, most of the conferences have extended teacher contracts for the next school year.
Read Other Stories From the Executive Committee Meeting
- Columbia Union Honors Dan Jackson
- Education Extends Accreditations, Contracts
- Executive Committee Discusses Coronavirus Impact on Church
- Executive Committee Members Urge Caution and Compassion
- Keeping Mission Going Strong
Related Articles and Resources
- 5 Ways Columbia Union Members are Creating Community
- Adventists Adjust to Social Distancing--The New Normal
- Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington to Distribute Diapers
- Adventist Leaders Discuss Options for Upcoming General Conference Session
- Andrews University Transitions to Distance Education
- Blue Mountain Academy Student Ministers While Distance Learning
- Columbia Union Conference Pathfinder Bible Exchange Postponed
- Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer, Sabbath March 28
- Drive-By 'Parade of Compassion' Connects Community
- Doctors Declare New Jersey Adventist Patient a Miracle
- Estimada familia de la Unión de Columbia
- Help Maryland Families During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How is COVID-19 Impacting Columbia Union Business Owners?
- How to Give Tithes and Offerings Online
- How to Help During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Help Your Church Go Digital (Lots of resources)
- How to Support Older Adults
- Information Regarding COVID-19 from Adventist Risk Management
- Maryland Nurse Shares How Frontline Workers Provide More Than Just Medical Care
- Mount Olivet Members Answer Call to Service
- NAD Administration Provides Guidance for Church in North America During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Visitor Team to host Conversation Series on Impact of Covid-19
- Watch Visitor News Live Episodes
- Where God Wants Me to Be
- WGTS 91.9 Launches "Hope-Filled Fridays Campaign"
- World Church Executive Committee Votes to Postpone General Conference Session