Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer Sabbath, March 28
Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer
Sabbath, March 28
Leaders of the Columbia Union Conference and its eight local conferences, health care networks and higher educational institutions are asking members to participate in a special day of prayer, Sabbath, March 28.
This comes as the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis intensifies, leaving churches and schools closed; numerous upcoming alumni weekends, graduations, camp meetings and summer camps canceled; and more and more people becoming ill and dying every day.
“As people of faith, we believe that despite all that is happening right now, God is in control. And we believe in the power of prayer. As we read the Bible and claim His promises, we want to ‘pray without ceasing’ (1 Thess. 5:17) for our members, neighbors and communities; for those who are vulnerable and have underlying conditions; and for everyone who has been impacted by this terrible virus,” says Dave Weigley, president. “We also want to pray for government officials, community leaders, first responders, health care workers and scientists who are leading the fight against it.”
On Friday, March 27, at 9 a.m., President Weigley will meet with leaders of the union, local conferences, health care networks and university to pray. “As a leadership team, we will be gathering via video conference to pray for our members, pastors, teachers, churches, schools, hospitals and ministries,” he notes. “And then on Sabbath, March 28, we want to ask our entire union family—wherever you are—to join us in praying for an end to this crisis and the fear and suffering it is causing.”
“Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NKJV).
Related Articles and Resources
- Adventists Adjust to Social Distancing--The New Normal
- Adventist Leaders Discuss Options for Upcoming General Conference Session
- Andrews University Transitions to Distance Education
- Columbia Union Conference Pathfinder Bible Exchange Postponed
- Estimada familia de la Unión de Columbia
- Help Maryland Families During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How to Give Tithes and Offerings Online
- How to Help During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Help Your Church Go Digital (Lots of resources)
- How to Support Older Adults
- Information Regarding COVID-19 from Adventist Risk Management
- Mount Olivet Members Answer Call to Service
- NAD Administration Provides Guidance for Church in North America During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- World Church Executive Committee Votes to Postpone General Conference Session