The Bible: A Wealth of Knowledge
By Dave Gemmell
The Bible has more than 2,300 verses on finances. Here are just a few:
STEWARDSHIP > While we wait for Christ’s return, we must manage the gifts He has given us with great wisdom.
"Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his deed" (Prov. 19:17, ESV).
GENEROSITY > In a regenerative cycle, God gives blessings so we can bless others, and when we bless others, God gives blessings.
"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse. … Put Me to the test, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing" (Mal. 3:10, ESV).
PRIORITIES > Financial health places serving God as a higher priority than pursing money or possessions.
"You cannot serve God and money" (Matt. 6:24, ESV).
DEBT > Consumer debt can be an obstacle to financial health.
"The borrower is the slave of the lender" (Prov. 22:7, ESV).
BUDGETING > Financial health requires deferred gratification and ongoing discipline.
"The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty" (Prov. 21:5, ESV).
Read articles from the March/April 2023 Visitor:
- Feature: To Save or Not to Save
- Editorial: Bold Blessings
- Eight Practices that Contribute to Financial Health
- Adventist Students Participate at Model United Nations Conference in Netherlands
- Miracles Achieved in Mission
- Your Health Ministries Director Was Right About This
- Explore God's Creation
- March Sunset Calendar
- Meet the Personality Pups