Need Ideas for Special Sabbath Activities?
By Thomas and Hannah Luttrell and Visitor Staff
"I'm bored!" If you're a parent and it's the Sabbath, you've probably heard your kids say these words before. But Sabbath doesn't have to be dull and dry. There are many fun activities you and your family can do together. Here are just a few:
• Light a candle at sundown Friday to denote the start of a special time with Jesus.
• Start Sabbath morning with “Happy Sabbath pancakes.”
• Discover a new Christian artist or podcast.
• Create a seasonal scavenger hunt.
• Watch Hope+ Kids animated Bible stories on YouTube.
• Make an artistic card, and give it to a neighbor.
• On a nature walk, quietly have each family member listen for a different bird song.
• Work on an Adventurer or Pathfinder honor.
• Play Bible games, including the new Heroes Bible trivia game, available for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Add new comment