Allegheny West Conference Leaders Elected
Story by Benia Jennings
Delegates elected Allegheny West Conference leaders to a new five-year term during the 18th Regular Constituency Session. Elder Marvin C. Brown, III, President; Elder Joel Johnson, Executive Vice President; and Keisha Bone, Chief Financial Officer, were all returned to office.
This Allegheny West Conference administration team has led together for the past year, moving the conference agenda forward. Each officer entered their respective office during the last term after being elected by the Executive Committee. Brown, who previously served as executive vice president, was elected president in 2020 after William Cox accepted a call to the Regional Retirement Office.
Johnson was elected to fill the vacant Executive Vice President’s position, and Kiesha Bone joined the officers as Chief Financial Officer after Elder Jermaine Jackson accepted a call to the Lake Union Conference in 2021.
With this vote, delegates affirmed the service of this leadership team. Join the members of the Allegheny West Conference in congratulating the new administration.
Ministry Directors Affirmed
- Children’s Ministries, Laura Ottati-Romero
- Church Planting, Sergio E. Romero
- Communication, Benia Jennings
- Community Services, Jerome Hurst
- Education Dr. Violet Cox
- Family Life Ministries, Lloydston Burton
- Media Ministries, Gerson Pancorbo
- Ministerial Secretary, William E. Joseph Jr.
- Multi-Cultural Ministries, Sergio E. Romero
- Public Affairs and Religious Liberty, Jerome Hurst
- Prayer Ministries, Violet Cox
- Prison Ministries, Melvin Mitchell
- Sabbath School, Lloydston Burton
- Stewardship, Joel E. Johnson
- Women’s Ministries, Bobbe Reynolds
- Youth Ministries, Eric K. Peters