VIDEOS: Columbia Union 2019 Leadership Summit on Sola Scriptura
Story by V. Michelle Bernard
Last fall, 170 students, local, conference, health care, education and union leaders attended the Columbia Union Conference 2019 Leadership Summit, held in Columbia, Md. Attendees discussed and dissected the role of sola scriptura in guiding the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s development and organization; local church life; and their personal lives.
“Our church was founded on the principles of the Bible, and they are and should be what guides our mission, ministry and actions,” said Columbia Union President Dave Weigley. “The impetus for our actions must continue to be sola scriptura. Therefore, we must uphold the primacy of God’s Holy Word, and neither add to it nor misinterpret its message.” Read the full story here.
Watch Presentations from the event:
- Alec Ryrie: "How Do You Know the Bible is the Word of God?"
- Alec Ryrie: "Two Ways to Use the Bible"
- Barry Black: "Finding a Guide in This Sin Sick World"
- Olive Hemmings: "The Scriptures as Weapon, the Word of Life"
- Bogdan Scur: "A Case for Biblical Exegesis in the Local Church"
- David Trim: "The Fundamental Principle of Protestantism," Sola Scriptura and the Formation of Seventh-day Adventist Theology
- Cindy Tutsch: "The Word Up Close and Personal"
- Cindy Tutsch: "Waldenses: Who Were They and How do They Speak to 21st Century Ecclesiology?"
- Pardon Mwansa: "Sola Scriptura: Epistemological Implications?"
- Pardon Mwansa: "You May Not See My Face"
Add new comment