January 01, 2012 ∙ by vmbernard ∙ in Health & Lifestyle, This Month's Issue
Read the 2012 Visitor Calendar
Here is the recipe we tempted you with in the 2012 Visitor Calendar. Make this delicious, vegan fare for a great start to a new year!
16 oz brown rice spaghetti
1/2 c all-natural peanut butter
4 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1 inch of fresh ginger grated on micro-plane
4 tbs sugar or honey
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 c water
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
3 small cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 c julienned carrots
2 c julienned cucumber
1 c finely sliced green onion
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the spaghetti per package instructions until they are al dente. Rinse and cool.
2. Heat the remaining ingredients in a small pot.
3. Stir well, making a homogenous sauce.
4. Heat the sauce until it has the consistency of thick syrup, and then let it cool.
5. Mix the cold noodles with the peanut sauce and garnish with the green onions, carrots, cucumber and sesame seeds.
Serves 4, 1 1/4 cups. Per serving: 451 calories, 16 g fat, 625 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber