August 31, 2016 ∙ by vmbernard ∙ in This Month's Issue
How to Build a Girl’s Self-Esteem From a Practical Perspective
Help your daughter's build their self-esteem with these tips.
- Have confidence in yourself: Mothers are the first line of defense against unrealistic images and suggestive advertising.
- Choose your words: Negative comments about a person’s appearance could invite young girls to create an unhealthy sense of beauty.
- Be a fanatic: You are her biggest cheerleader; recognize her beauty and help her discover her gifts and talents.
- Empower: Encourage her individual interests and recognize when she excels.
- Interject realism: It’s important girls know the world is presenting a one-sided story. Talk to her about the images she sees and help her understand what is real.
Source: “5 steps to boosting your daughter’s self-esteem”/sheknows.com
Read these articles from the September 2016 Visitor: