Spice Up Your Summer Dinner Table With These Cookbooks
Story by V. Michelle Bernard / Feature image by Personal Creations on Flickr
Spice up your summer dinner table with help from some new cookbooks. We surveyed the book purchasers from Potomac Conference’s LivingWell in Silver Spring, Md., to find the best new vegan cookbooks. See their favorite picks below.
Vegan Homestyle by Kay Hansen and published by Pacific Press, offers more than 240 vegan recipes like Pesto & Tomato Pizza, Veggie fajitas and cranberry cheesecake.
Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudrou and published by Fair Winds Press, offers recipes organized by color (and nutrients). Patrick-Gourdrou writes that "even when a single fruit or vegetable is not an all-star source of one particular nutrient or phytochemical, eating an abundance of plant foods helps you accumulate a variety of healthful compounds little by little."
Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman wrote Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetities, published by Fair Winds Press, so readers can "create magnificent vegan meals that will have your dinner guests wondering why they ever "needed" meat in the first place.
Read and share these articles from the July-August Visitor :
- Editorial: We're Big Kids Now
- Feature: So Near, And Yet So Far
- Underscore: Men and Diet: Can Diehard Carnivores Become Vegetarian or Vegan?
- CD Release: Songs From the Heart
- Healthy Recipes from Columbia Union Members
- Liberian Refugee Soccer Players Receive New Limbs and Rehabilitation
- The New, Healthy-Cooking Chef in Town