Bible or Not? Program Brings Bible to Families
Story by WGTS Staff
About the time listeners are picking up children from school or heading home from a long workday, many people play the game “Bible or Not” with WGTS' afternoon hosts Johnny and Stacey Stone.
It’s simple enough. Johnny gives three phrases and the participant (along with their family members in the car) can guess if the phrase is from the Bible or from another source, like a quote from a famous person. Stacey or another host can help you with a “lifeline” if you’re not sure, which always makes it exciting. Get all three correct, and you win!
“Although it’s a game designed for fun, the inspiration for creating it was to encourage
moms, dads, and their children to have conversations about the Bible,” says Johnny.
“Because it’s on the radio, people can also play along without calling in. In fact, we recently heard from several White House employees who said they play along each afternoon on their drive home.”
In addition to playing “Bible or Not” on the air, Johnny and Stacey have hosted the game at local churches, WGTS concerts and Sticker Stops, and even on a WGTS riverboat cruise.
Both Johnny and Stacey say, “The game makes the Bible accessible and alive to those who are listening to WGTS 91.9. It takes the Bible from a devotion time or quiet time and applies it to life in new ways. The game highlights God’s Word and takes it front and center for families and listeners to enjoy and learn more about it.”
You can hear “Bible or Not” weekdays on WGTS at 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
Would you Know if These are From the Bible or Not?
1. Reflect upon your present blessings--of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
2. Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
3. Fear can't be trusted.
4. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
5. Listening is where love begins; Listening to ourselves and then to our neighbors.
6. Now, my son, listen carefully and do what I tell you.
7. Real strength has to do with helping others.
8. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith...
9. A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.
10. Control your emotions or they will control you.
11. A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.
12. Years of love have been forgotten in the hatred of the minute.
1. Charles Dickens
2. 1 Chronicles 16:34
3. Elsa from Frozen 2
4. Willie Nelson
5. Fred Rogers
6. Genesis 27:8
7. Fred Rogers
8. Ephesians 2:8
9. Proverbs 18:16
10. Chinese proverb
11. Malcolm X
12. Edgar Allan Poe