2021 ‘Year of the Bible’ Devotional Book Call for Submissions & Guidelines
What is your favorite Bible verse, and how has it impacted your life?
In preparation for the Columbia Union Conference 2021 “Year of the Bible,” leaders, pastors, students and members are invited to write and submit short devotionals about one of their favorite Bible verses and what it means to their lives. Reflect on God’s work in your life and His message of hope. Reveal how He has blessed you, changed you and how you have grown spiritually in your walk with Him. Share thoughts and insights about God, express your gratefulness to Him and admit your need of Him.
1. Select a Bible verse, and clearly reference the passage quoted and version used.
2. Express what the verse means to you and why it speaks to your life.
3. Share a story, testimony or personal experience to illustrate your point.
4. Add reflections, insights, a turning point or lessons learned.
5. Conclude with a sentence prayer of praise or petition.
6. Check your word count. (300 words or less; this includes the Bible verse.)
7. Send your devotional with a signed submission (release/permissions) form for publication consideration.
Email (preferred) your typewritten devotional submission (via Word document), with a completed and signed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2020.